Job Summary: Responsible for the effective management of the day-to-day operations of the branch. Oversee the sales, service, operational efficiency, risk, internal control and personnel management activities to meet bank objectives for the branch. Ensure the team is focused on the acquisition of new business and personal relationships and the retention and expansion of existing relationships. This role is focused internally on the branch and its successful performance in all areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote and ensure best-in-class customer experience through consistent and effective coaching/development of branch staff
- Ensure all branch employees adhere to the standard of owning all inquiries and replying with 24 hours.
- Manage day-to-day sales efforts of the branch including frequent, active coaching of all branch retail staff; build referral and service skills to produce consistent, measurable results
- Manage branch staff ensuring that appropriate bank policy and procedures are followed in all aspects of branch operations, security and compliance; ensure efficient daily operation of the branch
- Prepare and deliver performance evaluations and recommend salary/bonus adjustments, with input from Branch Manager; counsel/discipline employees when needed; coordinate branch staff training when needed
- Manage as well as execute the process of assisting customers with issues and/or questions relating to their accounts, including the establishment of new account and services
- Monitor branch activities for compliance with BSA and AML, reporting appropriate items to BSA Officer
- Maintain an environment that fosters teamwork
- Responsible for maintaining office building, grounds, equipment and fixtures
- Prepare reports for management as required
- Establish and help to attain internal performance objectives for branch office business volume, deposits, and quality of audit reports
- Provide and maintain a professional business-like atmosphere within the branch
- Support the Branch Manager by representing the bank in the community
- Oversee daily ATM settlement, safe deposit box program, where applicable; and daily distribution of daily tasks when applicable.
- Perform additional duties as requested, needed or assigned
- Ability to supervise, monitor and evaluate the work of others
- Highly motivated and experienced managing multiple direct reports
- Fluent in written and verbal English communication skills
- Demonstrate and promote high ethical standards and behaviors
- Participation in community organizations and events required
- Ability to build strong relationships across the organization, exceed customer expectations, adapt to change and lift 30 pounds
- Must have reliable transportation ; must be flexible and able to adapt to new job locations and re-assignments as directed
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on the hours of operation of the Bank, including Saturday mornings. May include providing coverage at other locations, as necessary.
- Ability to adhere to Needham Bank’s Core Values (Quick-Decision Making, Reliability, Relationship-Based Focus & Quality Service)
- Bachelor’s degree highly desired or equivalent experience/combined education required
- Banking industry experience highly preferred
- Three to five years of previous experience as a customer service representative in order to assist branch retail staff
- Extensive background in bank operating policies and procedures, banking regulations (state and federal), employee development and public relations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Needham Bank offers a competitive salary and an amazing benefit package for a full-time employee which includes fully paid medical and dental insurance, HRA, 401(k) plan with an 8% bank match, paid vacation, paid holidays, paid leave benefit, a bonus program, flexible spending accounts, vision service plan, group term life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and an Employee Assistance Program. We offer a great benefit package to our eligible part-time employees as well.
Needham Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Needham Bank will provide all applicants for employment and all employees with equal opportunity for employment and promotion regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, or gender identity.